For the very first Project Spotlight of 2022, we’re looking at the unique anime-inspired digital collectibles of Kamitribe! If you’re someone who has a deep appreciation for anything anime-related or simply love anime classics like Bleach or Tokyo Ghoul, this is the collection for you.
Every NFT in the collection makes use of striking red and black to achieve its uniquely stylistic duo-toned outcome, the perfect NFT to use as a PFP, with the utility to use it as an in-game avatar in a massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG).
In this article, we’ll be answering all your questions about Kamitribe – what are they, who are they, and what’s next in the Kamitribe journey.
What is Kamitribe?
Kamitribe is a collection of K.A.M.I NFTs that live on the Ethereum blockchain. Each member that releases (mints) a K.A.M.I will receive a tribe mark which will grant access to kami-only benefits, the first of which is access to THE HIDEOUT. This will be an area on the website to hang out with other kami holders. Future areas and perks will be unlocked by the community through roadmap activation.
There will be a total of 6999 K.A.M.I that are going to be released into the Ethereum world and there will be a total of 3 types :
- Saburo 4461 (Common) : 64%
- Isamu 2269 (Uncommon) : 32%
- Akihiro 269 (Rare) : 4%
- 5 K.A.M.I will be airdropped to the highest rank of members of our community
- Create a merchandise store on the website.
- What merchandise would you like to see in our store? Join the poll.
- Deployment date for K.A.M.I DAO token will be announced.
- 0.1 ETH giveaway to 10 holders. 5 ETH added to the community wallet.
- K.A.M.I. DAO token holders will be able to vote on the website on how these funds will be used.
- VIP CLUB for the most dedicated discord members will be available.
- VIP members will be rewarded with special perks, such as discounts and special rights in the Discord server.
- One randomly selected K.A.M.I member will receive an exclusive K.A.M.I piece of artwork (3D-printed).
- Another 5 ETH will be added to the community wallet.
- K.A.M.I members will be able to vote in Discord on how these funds will be used and the Merch store will be launched. The designs will be shared on Discord and Twitter, make sure to check it out!
- Plans to build an MMORPG (KamiOnline) for the community will commence.
- Every holder of the NFTs will be part of the Decentralized Autonomous Organization. 30% of all the fees will fill a community vault that will be used by the DAO in various ways.
100% SOLD OUT
- The top __ K.A.M.I holders will receive a 3D-printed piece of artwork.
- Manga based on K.A.M.I. will go into the making.
- Phase 3 will commence, meaning the development of the game KO (KamiOnline).
- A roadmap for phase 3 will be revealed.
- K.A.M.I. holders and K.A.M.I DAO token holders will receive access to the alpha of KO.
- Harakiri implementation. Details will be announced/shared in the discord with the community.
The team and their inspiration
Kamisama is the founder, designer, and freelance developer for KamiTribe. Co-founder Light Yagami is a freelance communication manager and helps Kamisama build community and maintain socials.
How the idea for Kamitribe came about was both by accident and by blessing. While pursuing his studies on web designing, Kamisama, one of the founders of Kamitribe, thought to use his talent for illustrating in a different way. When he and his friend Light stumbled upon NFTs, they became very intrigued by the possibilities with it. Light and Kamisama are both crypto natives, having gotten into the crypto market at the beginning of 2017. The NFT space is a whole new fresh and exciting venture as compared to cryptocurrency. Seeing as how people like Beeple and Murat Pak managed to do what they love by creating using their passion and making money by engaging their community, the Kamitribe founders wanted to do the same with their interests as well. Inspired by the rise of digital avatars like Cryptopunks and Bored Ape Yacht club, they wanted to create something for anime fans like themselves – to approach NFTs not only as an outlet for Kamisama’s creativity but as an opportunity to create social value.
What’s next for Kamitribe?
Kamitribe is working on the development of an MMORPG game called KamiOnline. The inspiration of developing this game comes from an old game the founders used to play called Ragnarok Online. There’s also a manga in the works about Kamitribe. Discord members that are whitelisted are already able to read the light novel Light has written.
On top of what we’ve already mentioned, including the harakiri possibility that will be released when the minting has reached 100% on the roadmap, the community will receive the option to commit seppuku. This means that you can combine the knife with your current NFT. The team teases that whatever happens after that will stay a surprise for now.
The team will also announce a partnership with Mew in the future, with plans to bring more members in from Fazeclan.
Find out more about Kamitribe: